Saturday, September 3, 2011

Web Dev Project / OJT Alternative Solution: Ticketing System

My boss approached me after we installed the Ticketing System that I’ve created for the department in a web server and asked if I can possibly make the system just allow 1 user per access which means only 1 person can access the system in a particular time. So the logic of it is when a user is currently logged in to the system and another user will login to the system, the first user will be logged out and vice versa.
So I created a database where there’s just only 1 data saved and this will be the source of the system to know if there are logged in user.
When a user logs in to the system, a script will be triggered to update the database and input its unique id, the id is encrypted by sha1 and base64_encode. The user will not be logged out unless the unique ID is changed.
That script is the one responsible in checking the unique ID from the database.


No comments:

Post a Comment